Spring is wonderful! Flowers blooming, birds chirping … and heavy rains!
Whether it’s a trickle or a flood, leaky basements are common in Missouri. Alpine is here to help! We want our tenants communicate with us in order to protect you and the integrity of the home you are renting. There may be several causes when it comes to wet basements. When you call our office, we can go through a few questions to help you troubleshoot.
Before leaks happen, you can also do a few things to stop the problem before it starts.
1. Make sure gutters are clean and free of leaves and debris, which block proper drainiage.
2. Ensure windows are closed and properly sealed.
3. Keep an eye on the main drain to make sure it is draining properly.
If you do experience basement leaks, take these steps to dry it out once the water is gone:
1. Place large fans toward any wet areas.
2. Lift wet carpet to let it dry.
3. Use a solution of water and bleach to kill any musty or wet smells and prevent mold from forming once carpets are dried out.
As always, if you have any questions, please let us know!
The Alpine Team